Hanging by a Thread?

Sparks flew from a nearby electrical socket. The room suddenly became pitch black, the air conditioner fell silent, and the stench of something burnt filled the air.

We had arrived in our hotel room around midnight – tired, exhausted, and eager to get some sleep. As each family member scrambled to get ready for bed, I quickly flipped open the top of my suitcase, allowing it to fall softly against the wall. And when I did, the sparks began to fly!

The front desk immediately sent someone to our room to remedy the situation. After the electricity was restored, we surveyed the damage to the burned wall around the electrical socket and realized what had happened.

Read the rest of the story at Do Ahead Woman.

JFCO Creative LLC